Monday, November 23, 2009

I don't like Turkey!!

We are having a very intimate Thanksgiving dinner this year. My mom and Jeff's mom left us for other children in other states. My favorite father in law is in Flagstaff and I only have Thursday off so that's out. We've been wracking our brains on possibly starting a new tradition of some different foods or feeding the hungry or even taking a drive out to the desert and having a picnic there.
The new food I was thinking of is a Capon. A Capon is technically a castrated rooster. I'm just going to call it a big chicken. I love chicken, it's juicy and tender and doesn't make you sleepy. Turkey can be dry and leave you in a drug induced state making clean up exhausting.
Jeff's idea of volunteering to feed the homeless is a great idea but I have a problem with doing it just because its Thanksgiving. I think, for me, doing it when no one else is would be better and doing it on a regular basis would be best. It's wonderful that lots of people want to give and help out around the holidays but what about the rest of the year? A warm, scrumptious meal with the three most important people in my life will make for the sweetest dessert, that and bread pudding. I make a killer bread pudding.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

You can't say bread pudding and then not share the recipe. At least, I hope you can't. Please. I love bread pudding!

Is that The Royal Palms?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails