Thursday, October 8, 2009

SIMPLICITY


I just finished these hearts using the art of Tufa casting. Native Americans have been using this method of casting for hundreds of years. I hand carved the heart in Tufa, a soft sandstone, then poured molten fine silver into the carving. For me this method of casting is so gratifying because the pieces come out so rugged and earthy. Usually only one or two castings will come out well before the mold breaks. I was able to make six of these sweet little hearts. I'll be making more in all shapes and sizes and will have them for Blissfest and in my Etsy store. I'm only asking $45 for these so getem while they're hot. (actually the molton silver has cooled:) Email me!!

**ALL SOLD**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these heart necklaces! I'd love to buy one when they are available. Please let me know when they will be available in your Etsy store.

Becky Miller

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails