Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Somethin' Somethin'

 I can't remember how long ago this group started the Somethin' Somethin' but I think it's been more than 15 years.  Maybe even closer to twenty.  Our first S.S. was on Valentines Day at Matt and Robin's cute little Tempe bungalow.  I could take the time to dig out the pictures from that night but that could take all day.  We try and do this about three times a year. Jeff and I hosted last weekends dinner party.  We started with olive and white truffle oil topenade and hummus on toasted crostini.  The caesar salad was made with romaine fresh from my garden and I made the best dressing ever which I will share with you. We had filet mignon with wine sauce, swiss chard and baked potato's with rosemary.  For dessert we had yellow cake with chocolate ganache (which my husband said was dry.  I think it was because I waited until the next day to pour on the ganache. Oh well.)
 We always have such a great time when we get together.  Always good food, good wine and champagne and great company.  The conversation is always interesting. 
 While we ladies retired to the conservatory to belt out the latest hits on the karaoke machine the gentlemen.......
enjoyed cigars and more talk of the plight of the country and their ideas on fixing it.  We were shocked when we discoverd that it was after one a.m.  Teresa, Robin and I were not done singing but apparently the guys had saved the world and it was then time to go.

Caesar salad dressing:

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 anchovy fillets or 1 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
1 T lemon juice
1 T white wine vinegar
1 T worcestershire sauce
1 T Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic minced
salt and pepper

Put all ingredients in blender and while it's blending add in 1/4 cup olive oil.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails