Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Kindle

My husband gave me a Kindle for my birthday. He has already threatened to hide it from me. I love to read and when I have a good book I go into hiding. I get obsessed and read every free moment I can scrape up. A Discovery of Witches is the latest book that I could not put down. I drank it up. Reading this book was like breathing and I couldn't live without it. I loved every bit of this book. The author is a learned scholar with degrees in history from a number of colleges. I read some of the reviews that were from fellow learned scholars and they weren't very good. I have two thoughts on these reviews. One, I felt like I might not be so smart after all, I mean if English and history majors had their complaints and I didn't then I must be simple minded . Two, I decided that these smarty pants should get their heads out of their asses and look into artistic licence. That said, I would highly recommend this book. Five stars.

I also read Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. If you liked Seabiscuit then you'll love this book. I teared up countless times reading this. It's a true story about a man I quickly came to admire. I had just finished this book when the earthquake in Japan happened and I recognised most of the places that were affected. It's such a beautiful story and full of inspiration. Five stars.

The Bells by Richard Harvell is absolutely the most beautiful book I have ever read. I say that without hesitation. The writing is like a beautiful melody. I don't want to say too much about it so it can unfold for you like it did for me. If I could give this book ten stars I would. Please let me know if you have read any of these books, I would love to hear your thoughts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails