Monday, November 3, 2008

SOAPBOX SAGA CONTINUES


Oh, I'm so nervous! I can't stand the anticipation. I need for this election to be over!! I don't think I have ever been this excited or this scared of the outcome. I opted not to mail my ballot in because I wanted to go to the polling place and be an active American and stand in line and listen to what the people are saying (even though I'm bringing my ipod). I'm a blue girl in a red state and it's always been a lonely path. I don't belong here, I should be living in Oregon or Washington state. I want to make my whole house run on the sun's unselfish and unending gift of energy. I want to buy a hybrid vehicle and tell oil producers to shove it. I think "clean coal" is a joke and nuclear energy is too dangerous (even though that's my brother field and he has tried to tell me it's safe, I don't believe him.) When gas prices went sky high we had to scale back on how much we drove. Some of us took the train, rode a bike, carpooled or worked from home and you know what happened next? Oil prices went down. Why, because we conserved. We have so much power when we as a people do the right thing. I understand that some of us were forced into making the decision to find other means to get somewhere but I just hope that everyone saw that the people have the power. I believe that America is only great when it's good. We can be a force for good when we put our heads together. I can't wait to vote.

4 comments:

cotedetexas said...

hi - love your playlist. Dylan is my God. Why does it say Jason Powell instead of Bruce S? just wondering??

thanks for your comment, dont worry - I'm for O. Ben is for MCC - he's an oil man - what would you expect? haha!!!

Joni

Shelly Beson said...

Yeah, I dont know why it doesnt say Bruce S. It's such a great version. And dont let your husband know I told him to shove it!! Ha!!

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Yay to Joni. I knew she had to be the Obama voter.

I'm so glad I found your blog thru Joni's blog. Love it. Maggie is adorable and quite the model. Your jewelry pieces are lovely. Can't wait till I get home from work and read more of your posts.

:) Camila

Renée Finberg said...

OBAMA ! OBAMA !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails