Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The best cookies EVER!!



I have a bad back and last night I had a very bad night so I stayed home from work to ice, tenz and lay down. It got pretty monotonous so I made some cookies. I make these every year in the fall and it' good that I only feel like making them in the fall because they are very fattening. I'm going to share this recipe with you out of the kindness of my heart and so I'm not the only one packing it on. Let me know how yours turned out!

2 c sugar
2 c powdered sugar
2 c vegetable oil
2 c butter
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
8 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp salt
1 tsp cream of tartar

You know the drill wet then dry, put in freezer for half an hour, roll into balls then bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes.
Now you can cut this in half or you can put some in the freezer and bake them whenever you want.

I talked to my mother today and asked her if it would be ok to forgo the traditional Thanksgiving dinner and instead make the one in the current Instyle magazine. Take a look at it, it's Billy Joel's wife (27 years old, can you believe that) she used to be the host of Top Chef, one of my favorite reality shows but her voice was so boring and monotone they replaced her, anyway it looks delicious!!!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Dear Shelly....Thanks for the Thanksgiving dinner suggestion from In Style magazine. I just went and copied the recipes. They sound fabulous! And I'm going to give a few of them a try. I'm always looking for new recipes. You are such an inspiration to me...between your beautiful jewelry creations....your music that you love....your family and you infectious attitude about life. Thank you Shelly.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails