Monday, September 15, 2008

New Song



Update. I just put "Me and Mrs. Jones" on my playlist. This song reminds me of one particular Christmas when all the lights were off except for the tree and my mom had the stereo playing. And this wasn't just any stereo, it was a console. It was huge and you could open the top where the turn table was and room to store albums. My mom had every Elvis record ever made and hundreds of 45's, the Big Bopper, Frankie Valle, Frank Sinatra (duh!), Patsy Cline and so many more. My favorite was the sound track to South Pacific. I knew every word on every song. "Bali Ha'i may call you any night any day". I'm not a great singer but I can carry a tune. I wish we still had that stereo. That Christmas I was laying under the stereo, where the music sounded best, listening to Me and Mrs. Jones and thinking it was the coolest song I'd ever heard. I knew what it was about even though I was only eightish. That's such a fond memory. I hope my kids have lots of memories that make them feel all warm and cuddly inside.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

south pacific ?? GAY !!

Shelly Beson said...

Not funny Jeff.

P3 Girlfriends said...

That was a sweet memory you shared girlfriend. Thank you.

Sandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails